Friday, June 17, 2011

Ant Trip Ceremony



Just discovered this band Ant Trip Ceremony creeping on this Swedish girl's facebook who I "met" cause she friended the Tony Caro and John page I made. The vocals are pretty on point, makes or breaks a lot of proggy stuff for me. This song kinda rules:

Four in The Morning

Kind of a funny Dead vibe in this second one, goofy Jerry Garcia or whoever -ish lead guitar, but all in all solid and enjoyable. Almost reminds me of German Oak on a SF tip instead of locked into the pre-mutant/disco death-groove, similarly ramshackle and amateurish but with somethin that rubs right if it gets you in the moment. Also, the cover has a sick Baphomet hiding.

Pale Shades of Gray


The whole internet apparently wants to tell you where they got their "wierd" name, but I don't care about that. They're from Ohio, recorded "24 Hours" at Oberlin in early 1967, right before they all parted ways. Cool band.


I'm gonna try to post more on this, just in case you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment